Sunday, September 2, 2007

TerraCycle


Here's a great new company (about 2 years old) out of Trenton NJ founded by a couple of Princeton guys Terracycle. This is a plant fertilizer made entirely from composted garbage and, yes, worm poop. Even their packaging is recycled. They package the product in 20 oz pop bottles that are collected by groups (esp. schools) around the country. The spray tops are from other companies' leftovers as are the boxes they use for shipping and bottle collection. I'm going to go get some of their products and give them a try. Check out the site - it's great! --- Martha

I also found a great product at Ace Hardward for ridding me of those pesky Japanese beetles. This trap attracts the beetles with a scent and then they fall into the bag and can't get out. I've already caught around a hundred of them and this is not the height of the beetle season. I'll put another out next spring when they begin to hatch. NO PESTICIDES!!!


No comments: